I did 11 months of posting in the spine unit during the MS ORHTO residency at Sancheti hospital and developed a keen interest in spine surgery. I also worked in the Spine Unit at SIOR as a senior resident after the MS exams until Jan 2016.
I then joined R.N. COOPER HOSPITAL in Mumbai where I managed trauma as well as spine cases independently.
Later on, I joined Bombay Hospital in Mumbai as a Senior Registrar and Spine Associate with DR Vishal Kundnani until Jan 2017.
I also worked as a clinical fellow at Seoul National University Hospital in South Korea in the Spine Surgery Department with Prof. Jin Sup Yeom.
I had my Spine Surgery Fellowship at University Hospital of Copenhagen in Rigshospitalet, Denmark.
Moreover, I worked at LMCH Nagpur as Assistant Professor along with managing a private spine clinic from May 2017 to February 2019.
I also worked as a Consultant Spine Surgeon in Hyderabad, India at the Advanced Spine and Knee Care Hospital.
SSC – 87.5%, HSC – 89% (Maharashtra State Board)
MH PRE MED CET in 2004 with an 186 rank and passed MBBS from LTMMC, SION HOSPITAL, MUMBAI in 2009 (Aggregate 62% in final MBBS).
Cleared the MH PG CET in 2012, rank 434
3 YEARS residency in orthopaedics at Sancheti Hospital, Pune.
Cleared MS ORTHOPAEDICS Examination in 2015. (Aggregate – 60.6%)
Courses and Conferences Attended:
- AASI Fracture Fixation Course 2012, 2013 , and 2014
- POSAC 2012 , 2013 , and 2014
- MOACON 2013
- IOACON 2014
- Joy Patankar PG Teaching Course 2014, PUNE
- MIRAJ PG Teaching Course, Swasthiyog Pratishthan,2014
- PG Teaching Course MS RAMIYYAH BANGALORE 2015
- Numerous Monthly POS (Pune Orthopaedic Society) Meetings
- Pune Association of Spine Surgeons Meetings
- Cadaveric Workshop on Spine Surgery, Navale Hospital, Pune
- ASSICON 2015 in PUNE
- Operative Spine Course, Nanavati Hospital, 2016
- AO Spine Principles Course, Pune 2016
- Bombay Operative Spine Course, Mumbai 2016
- AO Spine Advanced Cervical Spine Cadaveric Course, Bangalore 2016.
- MISS and Spine Fixation Workshop, Sion Hospital, Mumbai, December 2016
- Bombay Operative Spine Course, Mumbai, July 2017
- Asia Pacific Spine Congress, Goa, Sept 2017
– Presented research papers in various conferences like POSAC 2013, MOACON 2013, IOACON 2014.
MOACON 2013 – Clinical Outcomes of Deformity Correction in High Degree Angular Kyphosis
IOACON 2014 – Management Algorithm for Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
POSAC – Monthly Clinical Meetings – A Case of Deformity Correction in Round Back Kyphosis in Ankylosing Spondylitis
WIROC 2016 – Poster presentation on “Neglected Bifacetal Dislocatons in Sub Axial Cervical Spine- Dilemmas and Management Algorithm”
– Have done research work during a residency in the field of spine surgery; my thesis topic was “Study of Functional Outcomes of Patients Operated for Cervical Myelo-Radiculopathy”
Asian Spine Journal – “Correlation Between Mri Signal Change Intensity on T2 Images and Prognosis of Patients Operated for Cervical Myelopathy” (April 2017 Edition)
Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research – “Modified Vertebral Column Resection Technique for Correcting Rigid Congenital Angular Kyphosis and Its Effect on Functional Outcomes”
Management of Neglected Cervical Bifacet Dislocations – Asian Spine Journal Oct 2017
Tips for Reducing Fresh Cervical Fracture Dislocations – Open Access Journal of Neurosurgery Sept 2017
Currently working on:
- Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy – Anterior vs Posterior Approach (Writing Manuscript).
- CT Guided vs Carm Guided Transpedicular Biopsy for Thoraco Lumbar Vertebral Lesions. (Data Collection)
- Prospective Study of Conservatively Managed Spinal Tuberculosis. (Recruiting Patients)
Fields of Interest: Spine Surgery, Trauma
In school: Was always in top 3 rankers in school from 1st to 10th std; merit certificate in Rashtrabhasha Prachar Samiti exams conducted all over India, open merit in 10th and 12th standards; played state level under 14/Under 16 football during school days.
In medical college: Took an active part in various sports and cultural activities; was part of the college football team. Also took part in various quiz competitions and worked on a project in 2nd MBBS on socio-economic factors in weaning of breastfeeding children.
Dr. Parag Sancheti, Dean, Sancheti Hospital, Pune.
Dr. Ketan Khurjekar, Chief Spine Surgeon, Sancheti Hospital, Pune.
Dr. Sandeep Patwardhan, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon-Sancheti Hospital, Pune
Dr. Shailesh Hadgaonkar, Spine Surgeon, Sancheti Hospital, Pune
Dr. Jairam Jagiasi, HOD Orthopaedics, Cooper Hospital
Dr. Vishal Kundnani, Spine Surgeon, Bombay Hospital
Prof. Jin Sup Yeom, Chairman Spine Centre, Snubh, Seoul, South Korea
Dr. Dennis Hye from Nus, Singapore
Prof. Martin Gerchen from Copenhagen, Denmark