Address : Flat No. 103, Sai Aangan Apartments, Patrikanagar, Madhapur, Hyderabad 500081.
Contact No. : 8374907947
D.O.B: 29 / 09/ 1979
KMC Reg no: 65455
Qualifications and Education
M.S (Orthopaedics) – Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India – 2004 – 2007.
M.B.B.S – Adichunchanagiri Institute Of Medical Sciences, B.G.Nagar, Mandya, Karnataka, India.
Primary schooling in Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (I.C.S.E) in which English was my first language.
Post graduation, Employment and Experience
- Consultant Trauma and Joint Replacement Surgeon at Sunshine hospital, Secunderabad, Kukatpally and Gachibowli, Hyderabad from 05.09.2011 till date.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Bangalore 11, Karnataka, India from 03.03.08 to 30.08.201
- Post Graduate/Resident Trainee in Orthopedics (3 years) at Sree Sidhartha Medical College And Research Hospital [SSMC&RH], Tumkur affliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences [RGUHS], Bangalore, recognized by Medical Council of India, New Delhi, from May 2004 to April 2007.
- Resident Intern at Adichunchanagiri Hospital and Research Centre, B.G.Nagar, Mandya, Karnataka, India., 12 months from July 2002 to July 2003.
Experience at Sunshine hospital, Hyderabad
Working as a part of Dr. A.V.Gurava Reddy’s trauma and joint replacement team has been a great experience with over 2000 arthroplasty surgeries and around 1500 trauma surgeries per year at this institution.
At Sunshine hospital , Secunderabad branch, I was Head of the Unit 3 – Trauma department for 5 years , where I had the opportunity to manage successfully around 400 to 450 trauma patients annually along with arthroplasty patients.
As a part of the trauma and arthroplasty department of Sunshine , I was able to gain the expertise in various fields of Orthopaedic trauma and arthroplasty.
As a byproduct of this period I was able to gain experience and treat the revision trauma and revision arthroplasty cases with successful outcomes.
I was overseeing the arthroplasty and trauma surgeries at Sunshine Endoviz hospital, Kukatpally for 2 years.
Following my five year stint as an Head of trauma Unit 3 – Trauma, I have been requested by management to organize and deliver a full working department at Sunshine Hospital, Gachibowli since November 2017.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Bangalore 11, Karnataka, India
I had the privilege of working with Prof. Shivakumar Y.S. who is the Head of Unit III Orthopaedics and is involved in total hip and knee arthroplasty as well as hip resurfacing arthroplasty. He is actively involved in diagnostic arthroscopy of the knee and ACL reconstruction. It has indeed been an educational experience to work with him.
I worked with Prof. V.N.Gubbi and Head of Unit II Orthopaedics and gain from his expertise in surgical and conservative methods of treatment of fractures.
I was also lucky to work with Prof. Prakashappa T.H. and Head of Unit IV Orthopaedics and learn basic and advanced trauma surgeries from him.
Experience as Post graduate at SSMC & RH ,TUMKUR.
- I was lucky enough to work with Professor & Head Dr.B.S. Jayakrishna Reddy. He was also Retd. Prof. Head , Dept of Orthopedics, Bangalore Medical College, Chief Orthopedics Surgeon, Victoria Hospital, Bangalore. I did my dissertation on “Neurological recovery after traumatic paraplegia treated with pedicle screw rod fixation system”.
- The rotation postings included Casualty. I was posted to Government District Hospital in Tumkur for 1 month, as we had one college unit working there. During my Final year I was posted for 2 months to Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Orthopedics and Trauma, Bangalore as a part of specialty postings.
- My role involved care of both in patients and out patients; arranging appropriate and timely investigations. Attending ward rounds with consultants and follow up of patients.
- I was exposed to Arthroscopy and Spine.
- Bedside procedures, OPDs, theatre duties, emergency call duties. Attending various teaching programs, academic sessions, case presentations and interdepartmental meetings.
- Minor surgical procedures, surgical dressings to patients.
TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS
- AO Trauma Introduction program, September2010, Nasik,India
- AO Trauma Basic Principles of Fracture fixation, August2014, India
- AO Trauma-Advanced principles of Fracture fixation, June2015, India
- AO Trauma-Masters in principles of Fracture fixation, June2016, India
- AO Trauma-Masters course in Pelvis and acetabulum, January 2019
- Post operative cognitive dysfunction in Indian patients undergoing total knee replacement under spinal anaesthesia, Anesthesia: Essays and Researches 2018
- Clinical outcomes in periarticular knee fractures with flexible fixation using far cortical locking screws in locking plate: a prospective study. Musculoskelet Surg. 2018 Jul 2. doi:10.1007/s12306-018-0553-9
- Minimally invasive fixation for displaced intra-articular fractures of calcaneum: a short-term prospective study on functional and radiological outcome. Musculoskelet Surg. 2018 Oct 23. doi: 10.1007/s12306-018-0575-3.
Ongoing Research Projects:
- Management of chronic Quadriceps tendon rupture in post total knee arthroplasty patients:A new surgical technique
- Comparative analysis of endo button versus hook plate in fixation of outer end clavicle fractures
- A prospective trial on the outcomes of floating knee injury management :A single center experience of 5years
- Comparative study of coxa femoral bypass and proximal femoral nail antirotation in elderly osteoporotic intertrochanteric fractures
Prof. Shivakumar Y.S., Head Ortho Unit III, Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Byrasandra, Tilaknagar, Bangalore 11. Ph: 9845371435
Prof. V.N. Gubbi, Head Ortho Unit II, Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Byrasandra, Tilaknagar, Bangalore 11. Ph: 9845302776
Dr. Girish S., D.N.B. Orthopaedics, D. Ortho., Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, K.R. Hospital, Bangalore. email@example.com Ph: 9880343487
Prof. Prakashappa T.H., Head Ortho Unit IV, Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Byrasandra, Tilaknagar, Bangalore 11. Ph: 9845015771
Dr. Hanumegowda, D.N.B. Orthopaedics, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, B.G.S. Global Hospital, Kengere, Bangalore 560060 Ph:9845305708
Dr.A V Gurava Reddy,
MBBS,D.Ortho,DNB(Ortho),MChOrtho (Liverpool)FRCS(Edinburgh),FRCS(Glasgow),FRCS(London)ManagingDirector & Chief Joint Replacement Surgeon
Sunshine Institute of Orthopaedics,